Cold Comfort - At the heart of the debate for over 20 years.
Download the podcast from day of Cold Comfort.
Cold Comfort 2017 will once again aim to deliver the very best case studies, technical session and discussion and debate with the aim of empowering local authorities and their private sector partners with the latest understanding and knowledge of all the latest issues affecting the winter service sector in the UK.
The 2017 conference programme will reflect the demand for a greater understanding of how to manage extreme weather events, including unique insights into the strategic planning, implementation and delivery of projects that have taken place in the UK, delivered by those with first-hand experience of the challenges and opportunities they bring.
Alongside this, the programme will also focus on helping local authorities to become more efficient and effective as well as reduce service costs through cases studies, examples of innovation and information on how to tackle legal and training and development issues.
Key topics for 2017 will include:
• The challenges and opportunities of delivering a new winter maintenance programme in Buffalo Grove, Illinos.
• Making the UK network more resilient during winter
• Keeping London moving in extreme weather
• Transforming winter service: a front line perspective
• Using the Internet of Things to transform UK winter Service
• Implementing the new Highways Code of Practice-risk based approach in the winter service sector
• Local authority case studies - Halton Borough Council and Hounslow Highways
This year's conference was as good, if not better than any of those conferences I've attended in the past. The discussions around the innovation and use of in-cab technology, the quality of the speakers and of course the exhibition were all excellent. The ability to 'network' with so many knowledgeable people and to be able to 'pick their brains' has provides me with some very interesting avenues of exploration to keep Manchester moving onwards and upwards, with respect to winter services. Well done and I can't wait for next years conference
Manchester City Council