Cold Comfort 2019: A platform for driving technology and change in the winter sector
It may have been a milder winter than in recent years but local authority winter service operatives cannot afford to be complacent and development both in terms of implementing new technology and best practice is as vital now as it has ever been.
Once again, Cold Comfort-which has been at the heart of the UK winter service sector for over 25 years, still remains the only conference in the UK focused on delivering insight and best practice in the winter service sector. Don’t miss out on your place this year……
Programme highlights for 2019 include:
• Local authority case studies-how are local authority changing and adapting their winter plans and strategies
• A winter 2018/19 review-featuring Highways England, local authorities and Transport Scotland
• How technology is driving change in the winter sector
• A view from abroad-hear from Toni Korjus, Head of Infrastructural Services at the City of Espoo in Finland talk about how best practice and innovation using RWS and thermal mapping is driving efficiencies and improvements in the city
• Understanding what makes a good winter service plan as part of plans to get people and goods moving on the UK network.
“It was a fantastic conference from my perspective. I really enjoyed the roundtable discussion, and found it extremely interesting. I can't even count how many excellent conversations I had following my presentation!”
Maintenance Superintendant, Village of Buffalo Grove, Ilinois
Take a look at the Cold Comfort 2018 show review and roundtable debate published in Highways magazine.
Speakers in 2018 included representatives from: NWSRG • Somerset County Council • Suffolk Highways • Svevia • Surrey Highways • Hertfordshire County Council • Met Office • Network Rail • The Salt Association • The Ricoh Arena • Swedish National Road • Transport Research Institute • and more.